[6bone] Re: IPv6-only IXP's are absolutely wrong

Stephane Bortzmeyer bortzmeyer@gitoyen.net
Mon, 21 Oct 2002 21:05:51 +0200

On Monday 21 October 2002, at 8 h 50,
Bill Manning <bmanning@ISI.EDU> wrote:

> 	then there are issues wrt RA/ND on an exchange... having all the
> 	participants trying to "stamp" the fabric with their version of
> 	which prefix to use is noisy at best and an effective DOS at worst.

It's exactly like people having a DHCP server which actually replies to request broadcasted on the exchange (I've seen that). By definition, an exchange is shared and people can do funny things on it. IMHO, this problem should be solved by documentation/education/monitoring/ass-kicking, not by separating the traffics.