[6bone] pTLA request NDSOFTWARE - review closes 23 October 2002

Gregg C Levine hansolofalcon@worldnet.att.net
Sun, 20 Oct 2002 11:53:52 -0400

Hello from Gregg C Levine
All very nice. But it still doesn't answer any of John Fraize's many
questions. In fact, I'd say it looks slick. But it won't work, nor will
it stack up. Have you studied completely the man pages behind your
server's software, on each component? Some of them are relevant, and
aren't just put there for the machine's sake. I'm sorry Nicholas, but I
still agree with John Fraize, and everyone else, and disagree with you.
-------------------
Gregg C Levine hansolofalcon@worldnet.att.net
"Use the Force, Luke."  Obi-Wan Kenobi

On
> Behalf Of Nicolas DEFFAYET
> Sent: Sunday, October 20, 2002 9:44 AM
> To: Gregg C Levine
> Cc: 6bone Mail List
> Subject: RE: [6bone] pTLA request NDSOFTWARE - review closes 23
October
> 2002
>
> On Sun, 2002-10-20 at 00:24, Gregg C Levine wrote:
>
> Hello Gregg,
>
> > I have been lurking on this list, for a good number of years now.
> > Sometimes even posting a comment, or a gripe. This is more along the
> > lines of both. I have been monitoring the traffic discussing
> > NDSOFTWARE's request. Both finding the original message to Bob Fink,
and
> > the list, and everything. Sorry Mr. Deffayet, I disagree. For one,
you
> > do need to spell out who will be using the service. Is it for your
> > company? Yourself? What? Who, even? Unless you can spell out neatly
the
> > answers to my questions, I am inclined to agree with everyone else.
I am
> > also agreeing with the people I have disagreed with early on. I
might
> > also, add, even Master Yoda's methods of speaking isn't that
confusing.

> Who will be using the service:
>
> - NDSoftware (my company)
>
> - many projects (here a list of main projects):
>
> * IPv6-FR
> A non profit organisation for the developement of IPv6 in France
> IPv6-FR run a tunnel broker and have currently 200 users, each user
have
> a /48
> => NDSoftware provide to IPv6-FR: 1 /35 and a native IPv6
connectivity.

> * NextGenCollective
> IPv6 research
> http://www.nextgencollective.net/
> NGC[NextGen Collective] provides IPv6-over-IPv4 tunnels to people all
> over the world.
> ASpath-tree: http://www.nextgencollective.net/bgp4/ (AS65526 is my old
> private ASN)
> => NDSoftware provide to NextGenCollective: 2 /44, 1 /40, 1 /36 and a
> tunnel IPv6 over IPv4 with BGP (full transit).
>
> * IPng.org.uk
> IPv6 tunnel broker
> http://www.ipng.org.uk/
> ASpath-tree: http://www.ipng.org.uk/bgp/bgp-page-complete.html
(AS65526
> is my old private ASN)
> => NDSoftware provide to IPng.org.uk: 1 /44, 1 /40 and a tunnel IPv6
> over IPv4 with BGP (full transit).
>
> * ILS
> Italian Linux Society
> ILS provide IPv6 connectivity to italian user groups and organizations
> experimenting with IPv6.
> ILS host the IPv6 IRC server calvino.freenode.net
> => NDSoftware provide to ILS: 1 /44 and a tunnel IPv6 over IPv4 with
BGP
> (full transit).
>
> * ATI
> A tunisian ISP
> http://www.ipv6net.tn/
> http://www.ipv6net.tn/ipv6-Tunisia.pdf
> => NDSoftware provide to ATI: 1 /44 and a tunnel IPv6 over IPv4 with
BGP