[6bone] pTLA request NDSOFTWARE - review closes 23 October 2002

Gregg C Levine hansolofalcon@worldnet.att.net
Sat, 19 Oct 2002 18:24:11 -0400

Hello from Gregg C Levine
I have been lurking on this list, for a good number of years now.
Sometimes even posting a comment, or a gripe. This is more along the
lines of both. I have been monitoring the traffic discussing
NDSOFTWARE's request. Both finding the original message to Bob Fink, and
the list, and everything. Sorry Mr. Deffayet, I disagree. For one, you
do need to spell out who will be using the service. Is it for your
company? Yourself? What? Who, even? Unless you can spell out neatly the
answers to my questions, I am inclined to agree with everyone else. I am
also agreeing with the people I have disagreed with early on. I might
also, add, even Master Yoda's methods of speaking isn't that confusing.
-------------------
Gregg C Levine hansolofalcon@worldnet.att.net
"Use the Force, Luke."  Obi-Wan Kenobi

On
> Behalf Of Bob Fink
> Sent: Wednesday, October 16, 2002 9:26 AM
> To: 6BONE List
> Cc: Nicolas DEFFAYET
> Subject: [6bone] pTLA request NDSOFTWARE - review closes 23 October
2002

> 6bone Folk,
>
> NDSOFTWARE has requested a pTLA allocation and I find their request
fully
> compliant with RFC2772. The open review period for this will close 23
> October 2002. Please send your comments to me or the list.
>
> <http://whois.6bone.net/cgi-bin/whois?NDSOFTWARE>
>
> <http://noc.ndsoftwarenet.com/>
>

> Thanks,
>
> Bob
>
> =====
> >Hello,
> >
> >On behalf of NDSoftware, I would like to submit our application for a
> >pTLA.
> >
> >Best Regards,
> >
> >Nicolas DEFFAYET

-

> > From RFC 2772
> >

> >7. Guidelines for 6Bone pTLA sites
> >

> >    The following rules apply to qualify for a 6Bone pTLA allocation.
It
> [...]
> >
> >http://whois.6bone.net/cgi-bin/whois?NDSOFTWARE
> >

> >       b. Fully maintained, and reliable, BGP4+ peering and
connectivity
> >           between the Applicant's boundary router and the
appropriate
> >           connection point into the 6Bone. This router must be IPv6
> >           pingable. This criteria is judged by members of the 6Bone
> >           Operations Group at the time of the Applicant's pTLA
request.

> >We have currently 101 BGP4+ sessions.
> >
> >Our ASN is AS25358:
> >aut-num:      AS25358
> >as-name:      NDSOFTWARE-AS
> >descr:        NDSoftware IP Network
> >
> >We use 2 routers:
> >  - parcr1.fr.ndsoftwarenet.net
> >  - parcr2.fr.ndsoftwarenet.net
> >Looking Glass: http://noc.ndsoftwarenet.com/lg/
> >

> >       c. Fully maintained DNS forward (AAAA) and reverse (ip6.int)
> >           entries for the Applicant's router(s) and at least one
host
> >           system.
> >
> >We have 3 nameservers:
> >  - ns1.ndsoftwarenet.com
> >  - ns2.ndsoftwarenet.com
> >  - ns3.ndsoftwarenet.com
> >
> >       d. A fully maintained, and reliable, IPv6-accessible system
> >           providing, at a mimimum, one or more web pages, describing
the
> >           Applicant's IPv6 services.  This server must be IPv6
pingable.

> >http://noc.ndsoftwarenet.com/
> >
> >    2. The pTLA Applicant MUST have the ability and intent to provide
> >        "production-quality" 6Bone backbone service. Applicants must
> >        provide a statement and information in support of this claim.
> >        This MUST include the following:
> >

> >       a. A support staff of two persons minimum, three preferable,
with
> >           person attributes registered for each in the ipv6-site
object
> >           for the pTLA applicant.
> >
> >NDN1-6BONE
> >CB2-6BONE
> >BN3-6BONE
> >MM14-6BONE
> >MC7-6BONE
> >
> >       b. A common mailbox for support contact purposes that all
support
> >           staff have acess to, pointed to with a notify attribute in
the
> >           ipv6-site object for the pTLA Applicant.
> >
> >ipmaster@ndsoftwarenet.com
> >
> >    3. The pTLA Applicant MUST have a potential "user community" that
> >        would be served by its becoming a pTLA, e.g., the Applicant
is a
> >        major provider of Internet service in a region, country, or
focus
> >        of interest. Applicant must provide a statement and
information
> >        in support this claim.
> >
> >NDSoftware operates an IPv6 network and provide a lot of IPv6
services
> >to many projects.
> >
> >We provide to:
> >
> >IPv6-FR (a non profit organisation for the developement of IPv6 in
France