[6bone] pTLA request NDSOFTWARE - review closes 23 October 2002

Nicolas DEFFAYET nicolas.deffayet@ndsoftware.net
19 Oct 2002 21:30:14 +0200

On Sat, 2002-10-19 at 19:14, Jeroen Massar wrote:

> > NDSOFTWARE has requested a pTLA allocation and I find their request
> fully
> > compliant with RFC2772. The open review period for this will close 23
> > October 2002. Please send your comments to me or the list.
> >
> > <http://whois.6bone.net/cgi-bin/whois?NDSOFTWARE>
> >
> > <http://noc.ndsoftwarenet.com/>
>
> I got a couple of questions about this request:
>
> - Where/what is he going to use this pTLA for if it gets assigned?
> (his "ISP" can't use it for _commercial_ purposes as 6bone is for
> expermenting)

I provide IPv6 connectivity to many projects with no commercial
objectives of course.

> - What/Where is he currently using his _3_ /32's for?

 - Internal test
 - IPv6 network
 - FNIX6
 - IPv6-FR
 - ftp://ftp.openipv6.com
 - Mirrors of website
 - Delegation to many projects
 - ...

> - What is his planned/current backbone?
> (This has to do with the fact that he is probably going to do transit
> over it and
> that will destabilize the 6bone even more...)

I provide transit only if peer request it.
I don't will destabilize the 6bone !

> - What is going to happen with the other _3_ /32's he already has?

I will return this 3 /32 to their owner when i will get my pTLA.

> - Can't he get some IPv6 space from his upstreams?

No, i want announce a pTLA.

Best Regards,

Nicolas DEFFAYET