[6bone] RIPE and IPv6 ASN

Jan Czmok czmok@gatel.net
Tue, 15 Oct 2002 18:22:38 +0200

Weinberger Andreas (A.Weinberger@ebv.com) wrote:
> hi again,

> > > well,
> > >
> > > - is ndsoftware a multihomes isp?
> > yes, we have 2 official IPv6 transit
>
> 2 ipv6 transits? if you dont have any valid asn, so how
> do you use bgp4+ for ip transit?

> > > and for just playing around with ipv6 (3ffe::) there is
> > > no reason for a public asn. use your current private asn.
> > > its enough.
> >
> > You can't peer with a private ASN on an Internet Exchange.
>
> sure you can.
>
> peering != transit routing.
>
> > Best Regards,
> >
> > Nicolas DEFFAYET
>

> ps: completel, with my help, opened as first european commercial
>     company (in words TWO) internet exchanges in germany with ipv6
>     native peering _AND_ transitrouting (BCIX and N-IX)... - scnr ;)

and while we're at this ...

gigabell (former employer) was founding member of ipv6-forum
and also built out the first exchange in berlin with ipv6 quite long
ago (1999 afaik) [SCNR]

--jan

--
     Jan Ahrent Czmok - Senior Network Engineer - Access Networks
Global Access Telecommunications, Inc. - Stephanstr. 3 - 60313 Frankfurt