[6bone] RIPE and IPv6 ASN

Nicolas DEFFAYET nicolas.deffayet@ndsoftware.net
15 Oct 2002 16:57:36 +0200

On Tue, 2002-10-15 at 16:26, Weinberger Andreas wrote:

Hello,

> [snipp]
>
> > Very stupid reply, for do BGP peering, request a pTLA to
> > 6bone and peer
> > on FNIX6, we need a public ASN.
> >
> > There isn't IPv6 documentation for ASN on
> > http://www.ripe.net/ripe/docs/ipv6.html
> >
> > => How get an ASN for our new IPv6 network ?
> > (we don't want do IPv4 network)
>
> well,
>
> - is ndsoftware a multihomes isp?

yes, we have 2 official IPv6 transit

> - is ndsoftware a ripe member?

no, but it's planned when our ISP activity will be stable

> - does ndsoftware has a lir status?

no, but it's not a problem for request an ASN

> - does ndsoftware have production, 2001:: ipv6 space?

no, because we aren't LIR, we can't request a sTLA

> i dont know why you are crying around, but it seems that
> ndsoftware isnt any kind of an isp.

we start an activity of ISP.

> and for just playing around with ipv6 (3ffe::) there is
> no reason for a public asn. use your current private asn.
> its enough.

You can't peer with a private ASN on an Internet Exchange.

Best Regards,

Nicolas DEFFAYET