[6bone] Re: RIPE and IPv6 ASN

Stephane Bortzmeyer bortzmeyer@gitoyen.net
Tue, 15 Oct 2002 16:41:47 +0200

On Tue, Oct 15, 2002 at 03:35:37PM +0200,
 Nicolas DEFFAYET <nicolas.deffayet@ndsoftware.net> wrote
 a message of 126 lines which said:

> RIPE are welcome to contact me because i don't find contact except the
> registration contact for members only.

Until very recently (1st July), RIPE-NCC had an incredibly restrictive
policy regarding IPv6 allocation. So, it is quite possible that many
of the hostmasters are not yet used to IPv6. I suggest to reply to
RIPE-NCC with explanations. You can ask lir-help@ripe.net, too.

> Now, we will build a real IPv6 network (native peering, peering with
> other ISP on Internet Exchange,...). My company created the first french
> IPv6 Internet Exchange, FNIX6

Wrong, the first one was Sfinx <URL:http://www.sfinx.tm.fr/>, several
months before.

> Thank you for your request for an AS number, but with IPv6 you do not
> need to
> use any AS numbers

:-)