[6bone] Re: RFC 2772 input from RIR space holder

Jeroen Massar jeroen@unfix.org
Fri, 22 Nov 2002 12:55:12 +0100

Tim Chown wrote:

> On Fri, Nov 22, 2002 at 02:50:21AM +0100, Jeroen Massar wrote:
> >
> > Fortunally RIR space is company controlled, read: money.
> > If a certain company is not playing the game along nicely
> > that company will certainly get some 'nice attention' from
> > all the other companies, probably the easiest way out is a
> > depeer and/or the coming years in the hall of shame.
> > A company needs to earn money and they are in it for the
> > money not by fooling around. If their network is b0rked they
> > won't get any customers or those customers will go to other
> > networks. No cash, No company. Those problesm remedy theirselves.
>
> When they start to sell real commercial connectivity, I
> agree.  I don't
> think we're at that point yet (catch22: because of 6bone-mess :)
>
> Similarly, I think many people in 3ffe space are very responsible.

Apparently you don't know that you can BUY IPv6 transit and connectivity
in many different parts of the world (Actually I think almost
everywhere).

You might contact:
 - VERIO
 - NTT / IIJ
 - GlobalCrossing

and many others, as for endpoints, in Japan you can get a native IPv6
only line if you want it. That they don't sell it to your house yet
doesn't mean it doesn't exist. In the Netherlands one can currently
get Xs4all's PowerDSL which gives you native IPv6 and IPv4 on ADSL.
Chello has native IPv6 for most parts of europe as far as I understood.

So YES there is REAL commercial activity. And these people want it
to work as they got clients paying for it. Just like IPv4.

You might also note that the 6bone should have nothing to do with RIR
space.
And currently it has due to the 6bone mess.

Greets,
 Jeroen