[6bone] Re: RFC 2772 input from RIR space holder

Tim Chown tjc@ecs.soton.ac.uk
Fri, 22 Nov 2002 02:54:12 +0000

On Fri, Nov 22, 2002 at 02:50:21AM +0100, Jeroen Massar wrote:

> Fortunally RIR space is company controlled, read: money.
> If a certain company is not playing the game along nicely
> that company will certainly get some 'nice attention' from
> all the other companies, probably the easiest way out is a
> depeer and/or the coming years in the hall of shame.
> A company needs to earn money and they are in it for the
> money not by fooling around. If their network is b0rked they
> won't get any customers or those customers will go to other
> networks. No cash, No company. Those problesm remedy theirselves.

When they start to sell real commercial connectivity, I agree.  I don't
think we're at that point yet (catch22: because of 6bone-mess :)

Similarly, I think many people in 3ffe space are very responsible.

Tim