[6bone] RFC 2772 input from RIR space holder

Alex Bik alex@bit.nl
Fri, 22 Nov 2002 00:21:11 +0100 (MET)

On 21 Nov 2002, Nicolas DEFFAYET wrote:

> You will guaranty routing over tunnel ?

If the underlaying layers are under my control? Yes. I don't see why not.

> Tunnels offer bad and random performance.

Don't mix up *your* tunnels with tunnels in general.

> You can own your fiber, control your IPv4 network, but you will have
> always the tunnel encapsulation.

So your maximum packet size wil be a bit smaller. Big deal.

> For provide a real production quality, you must have a native IPv6
> network without tunnels.

That's bullshit and you know it. Tunnels in general are not bad. It's the
way people build tunnels across the globe over infrastructure that they
do not control that makes them bad.

--
Met vriendelijke groet,      /\ ___/