[6bone] Blackholing on 6bone (possible RFC 2772-bis bit?)

Sascha Bielski Sascha Bielski <sb@rdns.de>
Wed, 20 Nov 2002 14:32:38 +0100

Dear Petr Baudis,

>> > I'm glad to announce that NDSoftware (AS25358) has setup filters for
>> > drop any packets from and to 2001:658:217::/48, 2001:618:B::/48,
>> > 2001:768:1800::/40.

[19:04:54] <NicoWork> _DrAGON_ is too lame :) we don't have setup filters, i have just sent the mail for get a reaction from him

That was yesterday. ;-) And after my mail yesterday mister TDOI
removed the peering to me. wow, what a nice reason. troll ;-)

> Further, I think that maybe it would be desirable to add some tiny paragraph
> about this to RFC 2772. Kind of: "pTLA providers SHOULD NOT filter traffic
> destinating at arbitrary prefixes while still announcing the prefix,
> effectively blackholing the prefix, unless it properly announces and reasonates
> such action and is ready to re-think the measure if it met disagreement in the
> 6bone community."

I agree. Remember my mail about the test-time. Still no useful
comments. Go on! ;-)

--
best regards,
Sascha Bielski                            mailto:sb@rdns.de