[6bone] RFC2772 rewrite -- bigger scope goals

Pekka Savola pekkas@netcore.fi
Mon, 18 Nov 2002 02:08:37 +0200 (EET)

On 16 Nov 2002, Robert Kiessling wrote:
> Here is a rather radical proposal:
>
>         Peerings between 6bone sites MUST NOT carry any other routes apart
>         from 3FFE and a summary route for 2001/3.

Indeed, this is a rather radical -- and interesting -- proposal.

My worry is whether this would work as we expect.

More often than not, RIR space owners' routing is equally messy than
anyone else's, possibly because it has been seen as a way to survive.

The above proposal would be good in the "last dying throes" of 6bone --
when there actually _is_ native (or otherwise good) and organized
connectivity between 2001::/16 sites.  Currently there definitely is
*NOT*.

In summary, I believe it may be too early for this.