[6bone] (no subject)

Pekka Savola pekkas@netcore.fi
Mon, 18 Nov 2002 01:30:02 +0200 (EET)

On Wed, 13 Nov 2002, Robert J. Rockell wrote:
> New 2772 draft.  Take a look.   Look for "WOOP" in the body for notes.
> Largely, only the pTLA requirements are re-written. Send to me with
> comments, or the list.   We beyond the dealine for submission, but mayve
> this can serve as good discussion points for Tuesday lunch meeting at IETF.

I'll only comment on the old parts which haven't really changed, for now.

1) Scope of the document should state (this is mentioned later in the doc,
last sentece of section 4)  that the rules could also be usable to RIR
space users, not just 6bone but.

2) subsections under section 3 could be compressed -- just lists of things
not to allow or what to allow.  There's a lot of replicated text that
doesn't really add much.

3) 3.4, change FF08::/16 and FF18::/16 to FFx8::/16 (prefix based mcast
addresses etc have since been specified)

4) 3.10 on 6to4 is a bit out-of-date

5) section 4 might be a bit compressable also

6) I'm not sure whether registering all the leaf sites etc. in the
registry is all that useful.  It just adds clutter there.  I'd be more
interest in a registry which only has important links there. (Compare a
huge list of leaf sites, pTLA's, pNLA's etc. mingled in one big mess in
the "tunnels" section).

Editorial,

==> s/aggreement/agreement/g
==> s/as describe in/as described in/
==> s/informatino/information/
==> s/mimimum/minimum/
==> s/acess/access/
==> s/guildelines/guidelines/g
==> s/unduely/unduly/
==> s/repremand/reprimant/

   Eventually, the Internet registries will assign prefixes under other
   than the 6Bone TLA (3FFE::/16).  Registry assigned prefixes (currently

==> s/Eventually, the//, s/will assign/are assigning/

   5. The pTLA Applicant MUST have a valid Public Autonomous System
      Number.  Request for pTLA under private Autonomous System
      (ASN 64512 thru 65535) numbers will not be entertained.

==> or reserved..