[6bone] 6bone-mess-01.txt

itojun@iijlab.net itojun@iijlab.net
Mon, 18 Nov 2002 06:10:03 +0900

>Some comments on -01.txt.  I think the dcoument as is makes the point well.
>All we need are some agreed answers :)  I notice for example that from the
>IETF here my IPv6 RTT to home (UK) is 400ms, as opposed to 100ms via IPv4.

	part of the reason is because we IIJ (providing IPv6 connectivity
	this time) have policy not to peer over tunnels, to keep quality of
	our IPv6 routes/paths.  so we have no direct reachability to Europe.
	the cause of issue is a bit different from 6bone-mess document.

>(This is not a US-Europe thing per se as the Abilene-Europe link has near
>identical RTT due to use of dual-stack links following a very similar path,
>and no "errant" tunnels)

	IIJ would like to peer with Abilene or any other ASes, of course,
	if they participate to any of the exchanges we are present.  we are
	present at:
		PAIX palo alto
		6TAP palo alto (L3 IX so there should be no config needed)
		NYIIX
		6IIX-NY
	and in japan:
		NSPIXP6