[6bone] Re: Designing IPv6 network guidelines?

Pekka Savola pekkas@netcore.fi
Fri, 15 Nov 2002 17:22:54 +0200 (EET)

On Wed, 28 Feb 2001, Hareesh V H wrote:
>  hi! the discussion about the network designing in IPv6 is a very relevant
> one. Actually i am trying to produce a document in this regard. One point
> i find interesting is the ambiguity in the specification/implementation of
> site local addresses. The implementations as of now or even the specs
> do not give a very clear idea about it. Could anyone please provide more
> info/links about this issue as to how exactly this feature is to be used?
> Thanks in advance.

Please don't use site-local addresses if you have permanent connection
to the Internet.

For other purposes, the usability is debatable (and indeed, it has been
under heavy debate in the IPv6 wg mailing list lately).