[6bone] BGP Howto

John Ioannidis ji@research.att.com
Thu, 7 Nov 2002 17:18:36 -0500

On Thu, Nov 07, 2002 at 10:02:22PM +0100, Stephane Bortzmeyer wrote:

> Are you already knowledgeable in BGP with IPv4? If yes, just read the
> documentation of your router to find the new commands/options. If no, Sam
> Halabi's book "Internet Routing Architectures" (Cisco press) is the best one
> to learn BGP, IMHO.

I've found Stewart's book a much better introduction to BGP:

John W. Stewart: BGP4 Interdomain Routing in the Internet. ISBN 0-201-37951-1

If you've never seen BGP before, you'll get lost with Halabi.  Read it
after you've read Stewart.

You may also want to check out http://www.cs.columbia.edu/~ji/F02/.
That's the home page of the graduate-level routing course I'm teaching
at Columbia this semester.  Lectures 12-17 are on BGP.

/ji

--
 /\  ASCII ribbon  |  John "JI" Ioannidis * Secure Systems Research Department
 \/    campaign    |  AT&T Labs - Research * Florham Park, NJ 07932 * USA