[6bone] Problem with Autoconfiguration when using 802.1Q encapsulation

Cliff Albert cliff@oisec.net
Mon, 4 Nov 2002 07:18:37 +0100

On Sun, Nov 03, 2002 at 10:18:44PM +0100, Enric Corominas i Bosch wrote:

> I'm trying to configure a Debian host as an IPv6 firewall. I have just one ethernet card, so I've been playing with
> 802.1Q, configuring three let's call "subinterfaces".
>
> I use the software from candelatech (http://www.candelatech.com/~greear/vlan.html) to create the subinterfaces, and everything seems to work fine, the interfaces creates link local addresses, they are recognized by the switch, and the communication is fine.
>
> Also I can give the subinterfaces an IPv6 address, and announce it with "radvd" (latest version, 0.7.2).

It should work, as we had it working on a 2.4.18 box with Debian and radvd. However the radvd package of debian needs a patch to support interfaces with a . (the flex parser doesn't recognize these as valid interfaces)

However i haven't got that patch nearbye at the moment. I will put it somewhere this afternoon.

--
Cliff Albert		| RIPE:	     CA3348-RIPE | http://oisec.net/
cliff@oisec.net		| 6BONE:     CA2-6BONE	 |