[6bone] Re: Internal Address Space

Stephen Degler sdegler@degler.net
Tue, 21 May 2002 11:37:39 -0400

Ok,

Private addresses and a proxy won't help you against these methods
either, as long as http connect methods are permitted by the proxies.
Like you said, The p-to-p world utilizes these techniques already.

So a statefull firewall is still protects against external attacks.
If one can convince software or a user to execute malicious code,
all bets are off.  Being addressable doesn't alter the status quo.

skd