[6bone] 6Bone registry entries when multihomed?

Michel Py michel@arneill-py.sacramento.ca.us
Tue, 21 May 2002 08:17:38 -0700

> Itojun wrote:
> they should be used locally within certain pTLAs, not globally.
> also do not forget that 6bone is interconnected with worldwide
> IPv6 network (including commercially-operated network), and
> there's no well-defined boundary.  therefore, my recommendation
> is:
> - do not advertise private ASNs beyond pTLA/sTLA boundary

I completely agree with the above.

> why would you advertise private ASN onto the 6bone whois?
> - to remove/forbid private ASN from 6bone whois.

Why not having accurate information in the 6bone database? We are not
talking about a xTLA peering with a private ASN, but about a site
peering with a xTLA that can use remove-private-as.

Michel.