[6bone] 6Bone registry entries when multihomed?

itojun@iijlab.net itojun@iijlab.net
Wed, 22 May 2002 00:09:00 +0900

>There is nothing wrong in using a private ASN on the 6bone. pTLAs accept
>it, and it is not a long-term solution but allows people to get started.
>This is exactly what the 6bone is for: experiments and staging.

	why would you advertise private ASN onto the 6bone whois?  they should
	be used locally within certain pTLAs, not globally.
	also do not forget that 6bone is interconnected with worldwide IPv6
	network (including commercially-operated network), and there's no
	well-defined boundary.  therefore, my recommendation is:
	- to remove/forbid private ASN from 6bone whois.
	- do not advertise private ASNs beyond pTLA/sTLA boundary

itojun