[6bone] 6Bone registry entries when multihomed?

Michel Py michel@arneill-py.sacramento.ca.us
Sun, 19 May 2002 13:59:37 -0700

Jim,

> Jim Martin wrote:
> I've got a procedural question for the group. Let's say
> someone has gotten two tunnels from two upstream v6 providers.
> Each provider has delegated him a /48. When being a responsible
> 6Bone citizen, does he  register 2 inet6num  objects and one
> ipv6-site object?

Yes.

> Nicolas DEFFAYET wrote
> A exemple: http://whois.6bone.net/cgi-bin/whois?NDSOFTWARE

Nicolas is an ISP. If you got /48s it probably means you are not, here
is an example that might be closer to your needs:

http://whois.6bone.net/cgi-bin/whois?ARNEILLPY

Note that this does not provide you with a multihoming solution, since
both of your upstreams will filter your /48.

Michel.