[6bone] Re: Some problems with sendmail, Linux and v6

Pekka Savola pekkas@netcore.fi
Fri, 17 May 2002 08:00:54 +0300 (EEST)

On Thu, 16 May 2002, Allan Edgard Silva Freitas wrote:
> I get no runing sendmail, I can only use:
> "O DaemonPortOptions=Name=IPv4, Family=inet"
>     or
> "O DaemonPortOptions=Name=IPv6, Family=inet6"
>
> So, I only could have an IPv6 SMTP Server or an IPv4 SMTP Server but
> never the both running. I had a FreeBSD box, where IPv6 is native and I
> see that the same configuration have no problems in Free. Do anyone know
> some specific bug regarding about this configuration above described?
> Some hint to I overpass it??

You must bind one to an IP address, like:

DAEMON_OPTIONS(`port=smtp,Addr=2001:670:86::1, Name=MTA-v6, Family=inet6')

This is due to the way Linux bind() currently works (reason: mapped
addresses)