route expiration

Pekka Savola pekkas@netcore.fi
Thu, 2 May 2002 21:30:57 +0300 (EEST)

On Thu, 2 May 2002, Pim van Pelt wrote:

> | C 3FFE:2C02::A023:EB14/127 [0/0]
> |   via ::, Tunnel188, 2d19h/never
> |   via ::, Tunnel219, 1d03h/never
> |
> | But tunnel188 doesn't exist anymore, it was the old tunnel before the user
> | recreate another one.
>
> I have seen this on 12.0 also. Please try to get your hands on 12.2(8)
> and run the newest version of that OS. I do not know about bugtracking
> in IOS, but I do know that a *LOT* of stuff was fixed regarding IPv6.

We noticed a related IOS bug in 12.2(4)T.  If you deleted the interface
before removing static routes through it, the routes could not be deleted.
The only way to fix it was to reload a router.

This was partially fixed in 12.2(8)T.  Now the wrong static routes only
stick to the configuration listing, and are only forgotten on a reload.