route expiration

Pim van Pelt pim@ipng.nl
Thu, 2 May 2002 16:35:10 +0200

On Thu, May 02, 2002 at 01:43:45PM +0200, Matteo Tescione wrote:
| Hi to all,
| sometimes in my router i see a route entry via tunnelx and tunnely while tunnelx doesn't exist anymore, so this route doesn't work. Is there any suggestion to prevent this problem?
| Thanks in advance,

Matteo,

perhaps you can first tell us which platform you are using. I think that
if you delete a tunnel, that your box (whichever OS it is running)
should simply disassociate the routes over this tunnel. If it does,
not, you should open a ticket with your hardware vendor.

I don't think that the BSDs and Linux exhibit this behavior, so I am
assuming you are running IOS. You should upgrade to 12.2-T train then,
at least.

groet,
Pim

--