IOS next-hop trouble

Bill Owens owens@nysernet.org
Fri, 29 Mar 2002 12:00:56 -0500

At 3:04 PM +0100 3/29/02, Erik Bos wrote:
>A. I'd like to know both PRs. We're 2001:7F8:1::A500:3265:1 and are running
>JUNOS 5.1R1.4. We can't upgrade to 5.2 yet of PRs that are fixed in this
>release but are not yet fixed in the latest version of 5.2.

I haven't been able to find a PR; we never got one when we opened the
ticket and the Juniper website seems to be broken and won't return
anything from my PR searches. The response from Juniper when we
opened our JTAC case was:

>In 5.1, we did send the next hop.  In 5.2, this is fixed.  We no longer send
>the next hop attribute in 5.2.  Upgrading to 5.2 should fix the problem you
>are having.

And indeed the upgrade did work.

Regarding the problems that we saw with the older Cisco IOS *after*
we went to 5.2, the closest bug I could find was CSCdv74675. It
doesn't describe the exact problem, but sounds so similar that I
think it has to be related. When the Cisco in question was upgraded
to 12.0(21)S1 that problem vanished. Everything has been quiet in the
week since ;)

Bill.