Peering with multiple tunnel providers

Matthew Drobnak mdrobnak@optonline.net
Thu, 21 Mar 2002 23:55:03 -0500

Ok, so let's scrap BGP for now, until
A)I have a better understanding of it,
and
B)I have others to peer with using private ASNs.

Here was the goal:

I'm at 3ffe:b80:25d:1:blah. I want to get to 3ffe:c25:....blah. Now I
have a conneciton to freenet6, which is all of 3ffe:b00/22(or something
like that), and a connection to say Hurricane Electric. For this
example, say 3ffe:c25:..blah was a tunnel from Hurricane Electric. I
would like some way to be able to tell this, and be able to route
traffic to the provider closest to my destination, OR, the only provider
who actually has a connection to my destination. Is there any other way
to do this without BGP? If so, I'm all ears. :)

Thanks for your time,
-Matthew Drobnak