BGP4+ and ASNs

Matthew Drobnak mdrobnak@optonline.net
Wed, 20 Mar 2002 22:16:57 -0500

Hello all, I am new to this list, but have had an IPv6 tunnel for quite
a while, please bear with me...

I have a /48 with FreeNet6. I would like to set up a few more tunnels,
say one with Hurricane Electric (they were pretty good, but didnt have
enough addresses for me, as I needed to subnet because of multiple
interfaces), and would like to set up BGP4+ to go about routing in the
most efficient manner. However, I do not have an ASN (Autonomous System
Number), and I'm not quite sure how to get one. The thing is, I'm not
that big in terms of like a corporation or anything. I'm your
(no-so-average) user at home. However, I do have a few IPv6 tunnels to
some of my friends, as well as to my place of employment. Also, I'm
kinda new to BGP, so any tips would be appreciated.

Thanks for your time,

-Matthew Drobnak