6bone web site unreachable over IPv6, connection refused over IPv4

Marc Blanchet Marc.Blanchet@viagenie.qc.ca
Mon, 18 Mar 2002 22:52:30 -0500

just a clarification on www.6bone.net:
the IPv4 site is in hands of Bob at esnet.
The IPv6 site is a mirror of it hosted on our network (viagénie).

so the initial report was about the failure of the IPv4 site, but others
did traceroute the IPv6 site and it responds.

So for this event, the redundancy worked... ;-)))

Marc.

-- lundi, mars 11, 2002 07:51:50 -0800 Bob Fink <fink@es.net> wrote/a écrit:

> Michael,
>
> At 12:31 PM 3/11/2002 +0100, Michael Kjorling wrote:
>>
>> I can't reach the 6bone web site over IPv6, and when trying over IPv4
>> I get a connection refused message. Is anyone else experiencing these
>> problems?
>
> For several hours yesterday (Sunday) the IPv4-accessible 6bone web site
> was down due to a massive denial of service attack.
>

> Bob

Marc Blanchet
Viagénie
tel: +1-418-656-9254x225