new 6bone pTLA prefix length

Bob Fink fink@es.net
Tue, 05 Mar 2002 15:43:10 -0800

6bone Folk,

The review period for the new 6bone pTLA prefix and policy proposal is
over. I sense no disagreement on changing the prefix length to /32, but
various degrees of concern over the policy changes.

Thus I will start allocating from the 3FFE:4000::/32 thru 3FFE:7FFF::/32
range immediately, but will not change any policy for the moment. I will no
longer allocate pTLA's from the /28 range (I have closed out the /24 range
previously).

I will present a summary of the discussions on the policy changes at the
upcoming ngtrans meeting in Minneapolis. This will presumably bring more
comment/discussion, and then I will come back to the list for closure and,
possibly, a change of policy if appropriate.

Thanks,

Bob

===