[6bone] Exchange Point Addresses

Michel Py michel@arneill-py.sacramento.ca.us
Tue, 18 Jun 2002 08:43:36 -0700

Pim,

| Michel Py wrote:
| The ipv6mh list is working hard to provide you with geographical
| addresses so you don't stay in the cold too long. An example is
| available here:
| http://arneill-py.sacramento.ca.us/ipv6mh/geov6.txt

> Pim van Pelt wrote:
> I browsed through this allocation document. Nice work!

Thank you. Please note that this is the _first_ shot at this scheme, so
everything can potentially be changed.

> What are the aggregation policies with these networks ? I see that
> the smallest allocation to cities would be /32. Who would announce
> for example the NL-Amsterdam block 2346:7600::/29 ?

The short answer is nobody, but this requires an explanation a lot
longer that belongs on the 6bone mailing list; this allocation is valid
for two different protocols, GFN and MHAP. I ccd your question to the
ipv6mh mailing list and I will address it there; if anyone answers it
please take the 6bone out of the cc field.

> If it is anybody other than AS1200, in the case of AMS-IX, then they
> would be dependent on that particular AS (and most probably, the
> member operating that AS).

There are no dependencies on the AS.

> Can you point me to a document that explains how this will solve
> the dependency issue raised ?

http://arneill-py.sacramento.ca.us/ipv6mh/draft-py-mhap-01a.txt
This is only 1/2 of the story. The GFN draft is not yet available.

Michel.