[6bone] problem with ftp.netbsd.org

itojun@iijlab.net itojun@iijlab.net
Fri, 14 Jun 2002 09:51:07 +0900

>I cannot ftp to ftp.bsd.org:
>Several people have informed me that they can reach ftp.netbsd.org over
>IPv6.
>
>I am thinking about a routing problem from ftp.netbsd.org towards me,
>but on the other hand the tcpdump above shows I do get one packet from
>ftp.netbsd.org in the handshaking phase.
>
>I tried this on freebsd-stable, netbsd-current and netbsd 1.5.3 with the
>same result.
>
>Any suggestions what could be wrong here?

	there seems to be some config mistake within ISI (who hosts
	tp.netbsd.org), regarding to link MTU setting of tunnel interface.
	i heard that they have changed the config so it should be better now.
	(at least, it is much better for me)

	i myself have experienced it before - Juniper sets tunnel interface MTU
	to infinity, and KAME uses 1280.

itojun