[6bone] 3FFE:6700::/32 - Another pTLA space hijack

Jeroen Massar jeroen@unfix.org
Wed, 12 Jun 2002 19:21:05 +0200

jeroen@purgatory:~$ whois 3FFE:6700::/32
<SNIP>
inet6num:     3FFE:6700::/32
netname:      AZURVP-V6
descr:        AzurVP Network. None profit organisation.
country:      FR
admin-c:      AD5-6BONE
tech-c:       AD5-6BONE
mnt-by:       MNT-AZURVP
changed:      a_dailliez@yahoo.fr 20020611
source:       6BONE

person:       Amaury DAILLIEZ
address:      506 chemin des ecoliers
phone:        +33614912547
nic-hdl:      AD5-6BONE
url:          http://www.azurvp.net
mnt-by:       MNT-AZURVP
changed:      a_dailliez@yahoo.fr 20020605
source:       6BONE
</SNIP>

This is the second time some 'entity' has simply chosen to steal some
address space.
Previous time went unseen when (also some french entity) though to
hijack 3ffe:6777::/32.
They replied with "I didn't saw the rules concerning the pTLA spaces"
which could also be
read as "I didn't know I couldn't just take this cool castle, I didn't
saw a sign when I went in".

Could the 3ffe://16 object be protected with mnt-lower's to the real
pTLA holders ?

"Look mummy I got a /32 on the internet all for myself", but then
written in leet...

Greets,
 Jeroen