[6bone] Re: routing concern

itojun@iijlab.net itojun@iijlab.net
Thu, 01 Aug 2002 07:33:18 +0900

>> This is the way it's supposed to be already. The 6bone should *not* be
>> used for production. The problem is that people actually use it for
>> production.
>What I gather from the above, is that the 6bone, for all intents and
>purposes, is 3ffe::/16.  No production services living on 3ffe::/16, no
>problem.  "Production" in my book is COMMERCIAL.
>
>If you define "6bone" otherwise, please explain.  If you define production
>otherwise (in the context of 6bone vs production) please explain.

	the problem is that there's no distinction between sTLA cloud and pTLA
	cloud - they are overwrapped, and most of sTLA sites do hold pTLA
	address with them too.

	if we could split these two clouds into two (interconnected via few
	routers), it would be very nice, but i don't think it is going to be
	possible.  so we need to harden 6bone (= pTLA cloud).

itojun