[6bone] ip6.int or ip6.arpa or BOTH?

Petr Baudis pasky@pasky.ji.cz
Mon, 29 Jul 2002 11:20:38 +0200

Dear diary, on Thu, Jul 25, 2002 at 03:19:24AM CEST, I got a letter,
where John Fraizer <tvo@EnterZone.Net> told me, that...

> OK.
>
>  (1) What is nibble format?
>  (2) Why would the glibc maintainers drop looking in ip6.int when there is
> no ip6.arpa for 3ffe::/16?

Dunno. I filled a report in glibc bugs tracking system (gnats, iirc), and they
told me to write a patch for it to first try ip6.arpa and then ip6.int, however
I have no time to do that now.

FYI, the bug id is 3957.

--

				Petr "Pasky" Baudis

* IRCnet operator                  * FreeCiv AI occassional hacker
.
You can get much further with a kind word and a gun than you can with a
kind word alone. -- Al Capone
.