[6bone] ip6.int or ip6.arpa or BOTH?

John Fraizer tvo@EnterZone.Net
Thu, 25 Jul 2002 13:04:47 -0400 (EDT)

On Thu, 25 Jul 2002, Kimmo Suominen wrote:

> The example just runs sed on the files, storing the results in a separate
> file.  It looks a bit complex because I was using BSD-make to derive the
> name of the generated (sed output) file from the original (replacing all
> colons with underscores).
>
> Basically I just do
>
>     sed -e 's/\.ip6\.arpa/.ip6.int/g' x.x.x.ip6.arpa > x.x.x.ip6.int
>
> for each x.x.x that I have.
>
> Regards,
> + Kim

Cool beans.  We're all set now with dual zones.  Now we just wait for the
ip6.arpa zone to update.  I got a phone call from Richard Jimmerson @ ARIN
this morning.  I about fell out of my chair.  He called to assure me that
we would be added to the ip6.arpa and apologise for the confusion.  I
assured him that the v6 allocation has gone much smoother than our v4
stuff to date.

Anyway, thanks for all of the help folks.  I just want to make sure we're
doing this right!

---
John Fraizer              | High-Security Datacenter Services |
EnterZone, Inc            | Dedicated circuits 64k - 155M OC3 |
http://www.enterzone.net/ | Virtual, Dedicated, Colocation    |