[6bone] MRTD BGP withdrawal bug

Robert Kiessling Robert.Kiessling@de.easynet.net
22 Jul 2002 13:24:31 +0100

"Michel Py" <michel@arneill-py.sacramento.ca.us> writes:

> The huge AS paths are not new, neither is the fact that we know it's a
> withdrawal bug.

Right.

> May I ask how you pointed out that it's an MRTd bug?

>From looking at BGP view before and after an router running MRTd. The
AS in question annonced a path like "AS-guilty AS-other
some-long-path", while AS-other has a different path for the prefix in
question. I saw this for the same AS-guilty and different AS-others.

> So far, my feeling is that the issue has been solved by "let's reboot
> the router and see what happens" method.

Right, but that's not an acceptable long-term solution. IMHO either
AS-guilty fixes the problem, or their peers have to fix it for them.

Robert