[6bone] Anyone at the wheel at AS237 - MERIT?

John Fraizer tvo@EnterZone.Net
Mon, 15 Jul 2002 02:45:36 -0400 (EDT)

Nearly a week ago, I sent mail to the BOTH @merit.edu addresses listed in
MNT-MERIT with regards to changing our tunnel configuraion with MERIT.  I
have yet to receive a reply.

After 5 days, I contacted the MERIT NOC via telephone and indicated to
them that I needed to change our tunnel configuration with their 6bone
router.

I swear to [insert deity you respect here]. I was told:

"I don't think we're participating in the 6bone now."

"I think it got dropped like a lot of other projects at MERIT."

This is not a good sign as far as I'm concerned.

I hate to have to call you folks out on the 6bone list but, if you would
respond to email in a timely fashion, it would not have been necessary.

So: Is anyone at the wheel at AS237 - MERIT?

If not, does anyone ELSE have objection to us (AS13944) announcing the
aggregate 3ffe:1c00::/24 so that we can get 6bone connectivity once again?

I have temporary agreements with a few peers to accept our de-aggregated
3ffe:1ced::/32 but, I don't like breaking aggregation - and WOULDN'T DO SO
IF SOMEONE AT MERIT WOULD FIX OUR TUNNEL SO IT WASN'T NECESSARY TO DO
SO!!!

So, if you're at the wheel at MERIT, please contact me.

If you know how to get in touch with someone who IS at the wheel at MERIT,
please have them contact me.

---
John Fraizer              | High-Security Datacenter Services |
EnterZone, Inc            | Dedicated circuits 64k - 155M OC3 |
http://www.enterzone.net/ | Virtual, Dedicated, Colocation    |