[6bone] 6bone meeting in Yokohama

Michel Py michel@arneill-py.sacramento.ca.us
Wed, 10 Jul 2002 14:40:51 -0700

Bob,

> I am scheduling a 6bone meeting in Yokohama on Wednesday, just after
> the ngtrans meeting ends, in the same room. It will be the usual
> timing to let the room clear for 15 minutes and ending 15 minutes
> before the next meeting starts.
> Wed. 17 July  11:45am - 12:45pm  same room as ngtrans is in
> I will talk about the discussions I've been having with the
> registries about conversion of the 6bone address registry to the
> RIRs and giving the 6bone access to the ip6.arpa reverse registry
> that the RIRs operate.
> There is no formal draft yet, just the informal ideas, but I will
> present all that I know as of the meeting.

Would it be possible for you to post some slides sometime before the
meeting?

Although you will likely cover the topic in your presentation, I think
the 6bone community would be interested to know, with regard to this
conversion of the 6bone registry to the RIRs:

- Will it trigger another RFC to update / replace 2471?
- Will it change anything for existing assignments?
- Will it change anything for future pTLA requests?
- Will it change anything for special purposes requests?

Thanks
Michel.