[pim@ipng.nl: NL-BIT pTLA request]

Pim van Pelt pim@ipng.nl
Thu, 24 Jan 2002 17:47:20 +0100

Dear Bob, and 6BONE folk,

Via these means, I would like to inform you all, that I am switching
employers on the 1st of March 2002, when my current contract at WiseGuys
Internet BV ends. My new employer, Business Internet Trends, is an ISP
and colocation provider in The Netherlands. I will be joining their
team as a network engineer per 1/3/2002. Yay!

I plan to do many exciting things with and for BIT, one of which, you
could've known, is starting a native IPv6 deployment from the AMS-v6-IX
to the head quarters and colocation facilities in Ede (GLD).

This is why I am requesting a pTLA allocation to be made for this
company. We hope to have this space allocated per 01/03 so we can dive
into the configuration and implementational details.

Please let me know what you think of this.

Kind regards,
Pim van Pelt

----- pTLA request form -----
1. The pTLA Applicant must have a minimum of three (3) months
      qualifying experience as a 6Bone end-site or pNLA transit.   During
      the entire qualifying period the Applicant must be operationally
      providing the following:

      a. Fully maintained, up to date, 6Bone Registry entries for their
         ipv6-site inet6num, mntner, and person objects, including each
         tunnel that the Applicant has.

Our current inet6num is BIT6-NL (2001:06E0:0209::/48), which is natively
connected to the INTOUCH-NL networks at the AMS-v6-IX. It is maintained
by BIT-MNT (RIPE) and has a role BITT1-RIPE for technical and
administrative contact. We have inserted copies of the -RIPE objects into
the 6BONE registry where appropriate:
[ipv6-site] NL-BIT6
[person] HM6669-6BONE (Hans van der Made)
[person] SAB666-6BONE (Sabri Berisha)
[person] AB2298-6BONE (Alex Bik)
[role] BITT1-6BONE (Business Internet Trends Technical Role Account)
and
[person] PBVP1-6BONE (Pim van Pelt)

      b. Fully maintained, and reliable, BGP4+ peering and connectivity
         between the Applicant's boundary router and the appropriate
         connection point into the 6Bone. This router must be IPv6
         pingable. This criteria is judged by members of the 6Bone
         Operations Group at the time of the Applicant's pTLA request.

We have a BGP session with AS8954 at the AMS-v6-IX, which connects our
Cisco 2600 to the 6BONE. We would like to enforce our network by setting
up additional peerings and announcing our own network via BGP. This way
AS8954 will not have to take care of our own traffic. Our address is
currently:
ipv6.bit.nl. has AAAA address 2001:6e0:0:10a::2
ipv6.bit.nl. has AAAA address 2001:6e0:209:2:203:6bff:fe6e:52a0
Where the former is a VLAN where Intouch AMSIX is ::1/64 and we are
::2/64 in Ede. Both addresses are on the C2600 at our site and reply
pings.

      c. Fully maintained DNS forward (AAAA) and reverse (ip6.int)
         entries for the Applicant's router(s) and at least one host
         system.
Forward entries for bit.nl (IN AAAA, and in the future IN A6) can be
found at:
bit.nl. name server ns2.bit.nl.
bit.nl. name server ns3.bit.nl.
bit.nl. name server ns.bit.nl.
The reversed zonefile from Intouch is handled by IPng at this point,
and only on one server:
9.0.2.0.0.e.6.0.1.0.0.2.ip6.int name server ns1.ipng.nl.
but will move to ns/ns2/ns3.bit.nl per 01-03-2002.

      d. A fully maintained, and reliable, IPv6-accessible system
         providing, at a mimimum, one or more web pages, describing the
         Applicant's IPv6 services.  This server must be IPv6 pingable.

We have a server ready at www.ipv6.bit.nl, and do not plan to do much
with this at the moment. There are some pages on the server, though.
It's address is: 2001:6e0:209:3:290:27ff:fe0c:5c5e, port 80. It pings.

   2. The pTLA Applicant MUST have the ability and intent to provide
      "production-quality" 6Bone backbone service. Applicants must
      provide a statement and information in support of this claim.
      This MUST include the following:

      a. A support staff of two persons minimum, three preferable, with
         person attributes registered for each in the ipv6-site object
         for the pTLA applicant.
Alex Bik, Sabri Berisha, Hans van der Made and Pim van Pelt, forming
BITT1-6BONE, as describe in section 1.

      b. A common mailbox for support contact purposes that all support
         staff have acess to, pointed to with a notify attribute in the
         ipv6-site object for the pTLA Applicant.
This mailbox is ipv6@bit.nl and we will be using @ipv6.bit.nl once we
get settled. Another entry is noc@bit.nl, which is roughly the same persons
but for a more generic communication (eg v4 and v6 related)

   3. The pTLA Applicant MUST have a potential "user community" that
      would be served by its becoming a pTLA, e.g., the Applicant is a
      major provider of Internet service in a region, country, or focus
      of interest. Applicant must provide a statement and information in
      support this claim.
We are a hosting and application service provider, with a valid userbase
for IPv6. Two main aspects come to mind: Access and Colocation. The former
consists of a nationwide dialup network, and several leased lines to
customers and the latter is a set of colocation facilities with some
250 customers' boxes. We are about to build a third colocation facility
on a seperate location with a gigabit uplink to the AMS-IX, providing
additional services to an ever growing customer base, including the
possibility of traffic exchange between ISPs at this location.

   4. The pTLA Applicant MUST commit to abide by the current 6Bone
      operational rules and policies as they exist at time of its
      application, and agree to abide by future 6Bone backbone
      operational rules and policies as they evolve by consensus of the
      6Bone backbone and user community.
We have a commitment to our customers and the 6bone, and armed with
technical clue, we agree to abide by these rules and policies laid down
by the 6bone community.

   When an Applicant seeks to receive a pTLA allocation, it will apply
   to the 6Bone Operations Group (see section 8 below) by providing to
   the Group information in support of its claims that it meets the
   criteria above.

8. 6Bone Operations Group

   The 6Bone Operations Group is the group in charge of monitoring and
   policing adherence to the current rules. Membership in the 6Bone
   Operations Group is mandatory for, and restricted to, sites connected
   to the 6Bone.

   The 6Bone Operations Group is currently defined by those members of
   the existing 6Bone mailing list who represent sites participating in
   the 6Bone. Therefore it is incumbent on relevant site contacts to
   join the 6Bone mailing list. Instructions on how to join the list are
   maintained on the 6Bone web site at < http://www.6bone.net>.

--
Pim van Pelt                 Email: pim@ipng.nl

----- End forwarded message -----