ipv6 multihoming for non-TLA eligible sites

Paul Jakma paul@clubi.ie
Fri, 18 Jan 2002 23:27:12 +0000 (GMT)

hi,

there has been some discussion in the past on this about how
multi-homing is to work for ipv6 sites. as i understand it, there
will be no equivalent of IPv4 'Provider Independent' address ranges
with IPv6. Sites will only be able to get addresses from their ISPs
TLA.

my question is then, if the above is the case, how are IPv6 sites
supposed to achieve ingress resiliency? are we to rely on all IPv6
clients implementing SRV lookups?

thanks in advance,

regards,
--