Please make 3ffe::/16 reverse-delegations under ip6.arpa

George Michaelson ggm@apnic.net
Thu, 17 Jan 2002 21:52:55 +1000

> E.g. reverses in RIPE-assigned 2001::/16 -addresses were delegated in this
> fashion and work great.

For APNIC we have decided to pre-seed the whois structures with records
taken from ip6.int which are modified to block zonefile creation, which
means delegated parties can open it up when they are happy their local
server can handle ip6.arpa reverses, using normal Regional Internet
Registry methods to modify their whois domain: object.

So far only a small handful of people have ip6.arpa delegations, and I
suspect only a small amount of resolver software handles it, so dual
delegation might be wise for some time.

Maybe when its more 50:50 we'll cut over so ip6.int is made a clone of
ip6.arpa instead.

cheers
	-George
--