Question on address configuration

Nick Sayer nsayer@quack.kfu.com
Sun, 06 Jan 2002 15:19:57 -0800

Why not simply use site-local addresses for the well-known aliases?

In fact, there is a draft document somewhere (about DNS autodiscovery?)
that suggests using fec0:0:0:ffff::{1,2,3} as DNS servers.

The beauty of site-local addressing is that it won't change as your
prefix changes. That makes it perfect for situations as you describe.