Question on address configuration

Michel Py michel@arneill-py.sacramento.ca.us
Fri, 4 Jan 2002 20:21:00 -0800

Edward,

 I do not know how to do that on linux, and I do understand why you would want to do it although I don't think I would want to do it myself.

I can suggest a workaround: On routers and on some NICs, you can manually configure the MAC address. I have not done that for a while on a NIC, but 3Com 3C59x have a config utility. It is likely that linux would read the manually configured MAC address to build its own IPv6 address from the RA. Most people will prefer a statically configured IPv6 address for a DNS server anyway.

Something I don't get: from your text it appears that you own 3ffe:817::/32 and I don't see that block in the 6bone database.

Michel.