multicast

Michael Richardson mcr@sandelman.ottawa.on.ca
Wed, 13 Feb 2002 19:25:28 -0500

>>>>> "rgen" == rgen Hovland <J> writes:
    rgen> How do you implement this globally? Msdp, bgmp ?  What about
    rgen> internally? PIM6 around?  Since cisco doesnt support it, are there
    rgen> any software around for linux/unix?

  I don't know of any... I have success with IPv4+DVMRP, but nobody
wants to connect with that anymore. I have little success with IPv4+PIMdd due
to problems with pimdd itself (on NetBSD) it seems.

  I have zebra running on my IPv6 gateway doing BGP4 for IPv6 and would be
happy to experiment with others if there is some MOSPF,PIM6,etc. support in
zebra that I don't know about.