[6bone] [NOTIFY] XS26 service/peering outage

John Fraizer tvo@EnterZone.Net
Tue, 17 Dec 2002 16:15:46 -0500 (EST)

On Tue, 17 Dec 2002, Stephane Bortzmeyer wrote:

> On Tuesday 17 December 2002, at 14 h 4,
> John Fraizer <tvo@EnterZone.Net> wrote:
>
> > Let us assume you are routing out of 5 cities (example)
> >
> > Router-1
> > 3ffe:80e0:0000::/36
> >
> > Router-2
> > 3ffe:80e0:1000::/36
> > All of these routers can announce your aggregate 3ffe:80e0::/28 to their
> > eBGP peers while announcing the specific "pool" /36 they assing tunnel
> > space from into iBGP/IGP.
>
> The main problem with this addressing scheme is that your customers
> will have to renumber if they move to another city.
>
> May be unavoidable but nevertheless annoying.

Lets see - They want free v6 service (we're talking about 6bone
here)...  They'll have to deal with the fact that routing policy dictates
that each city in the ASN has a block of addresses from the aggregate from
which space is assigned.

If they don't like it, they can get their own _portable_ address space.

Sorry.  I don't, nor will I ever, overcomplicate network topology when the
only "good" thing it yields is easy portability for non-paying
sunscribers.

Call me mean.

---
John Fraizer              | High-Security Datacenter Services |
President                 | Dedicated circuits 64k - 155M OC3 |
EnterZone, Inc            | Virtual, Dedicated, Colocation    |
http://www.enterzone.net/ | Network Consulting Services       |