[6bone] [NOTIFY] XS26 service/peering outage

Pekka Savola pekkas@netcore.fi
Tue, 17 Dec 2002 22:39:22 +0200 (EET)

On Tue, 17 Dec 2002, John Fraizer wrote:
> I beg to differ.  Your "network" from what ou've described, is
> under-engineered.  What was the purpose again of terminating 2000+
> endpoints on a single router again?  You can't seriously think that any
> true production (BTW: most of us consider production to be equal to
> billable) network architect would put that many eggs in one basket can
> you?

I'm not sure if 2000+ endpoints is _necessarily_ a bad thing, but ... if
you really want to route them reliably, I'd put them in a separate box
with only an aggregate route out to the real non-terminating router.

2000+ highly dynamic interfaces, each causing IGP/EGP recalculations is
umm.. BAD.