[6bone] freebsd src addr wrong

Jan Oravec Jan Oravec <jan.oravec@6com.sk>
Wed, 11 Dec 2002 20:19:02 +0100

> >My questions:
> >1. Should tunnel endpoint addresses be routable?
>
> Yes

I do not see a reason for IPv6-numbering PtP interfaces. We usually need
that for special connections (usually routing software) between two nodes
which are connected. The great advantage of IPv6 is that we have link-local
addresses, thus we do not need public-routable addresses for that.

You will need to specify interface in bgpd.conf, e.g.:

neighbor fe80::201:3ff:fed5:bd1e remote-as 12345
neighbor fe80::201:3ff:fed5:bd1e interface gif0

Best Regards,

--
Jan Oravec                           XS26 coordinator
6COM s.r.o.                          'Access to IPv6'