[6bone] AW: Ghost Route Hunter

Hahn, Ch HahnC@t-systems.com
Tue, 3 Dec 2002 13:26:42 +0100

Hi Jeron,

-------------------8<---------------------------------------

> Currently there are still 4 big ghost routes floating around:
> - 3ffe:100::/24
> netname:      TELEBIT
> descr:        pTLA delegation for the 6bone
> Which dropped of the internet around tuesday when looking at
> the latency
> graphs*.
> ipv6telebit.tbit.dk is unreachable over IPv4. The graphs also
> show that
> it was
> only reachable from two out six sites.

Have this route in table.

> - 3ffe:1400::/24
> netname:      UNI-C
> descr:        pTLA delegation for the 6bone
> remarks:      ***************************************
> remarks:      * * * *  no longer operational  * * * *
> remarks:      ***************************************
>
> But still visible and ghosted and not officially retracted!
>
> Last changed line:
> changed:      Anders.Bandholm@uni-c.dk 20010420
>
> This would mean that the route would have been gone for over
> a year and
> a half!
> This route is currently announced by VERAT and Deutsche
> Telekom though.

>From my point of view it looks a little bit different. I see this route in my table via two paths with a number of >25 ASes in path and still incomplete. Last AS before incompletness in both cases is 15982 (VERAT). We have a peering with VERAT but don't receiving this route from them. Instead we announing the route to them.
I've checked the FUBAR, STBEN-BE looking glass and saw the route with our AS appended. Currently I have no idea how and where in the path our AS# is appended, but I'm shure that we are not originating this route.

At first step I will filter this route and then lets see if it will vanish or change its path.

> - 3ffe:1e00::/24
> ipv6-site:    SWISSCOM
> origin:       AS3303
> descr:        Swisscom Innovations
>
> No netname available apparently. But it is currently announced by:
> source: APNIC
> aut-num: AS4697
> as-name: NTTV6NET
> descr: NTT Software Laboratories
>
> I have already contacted these people seperatly, no response as yet.
> Nothing in their 6bone object seems reachable.

The routing entry looks similar to the one above. Long AS path and still incomplete.

> - 3ffe:8010::/28
> ipv6-site:    ICM-PL
> origin:       AS8664
> descr:        Interdisciplinary Centre for Mathematical and
> Computational Modelling
>               Warsaw University, Poland
>
> Origin is currently ICM-PL and ICP-AS.
> 6bone-gw.6bone.pl is unreachable over IPv4 and IPv6

Have this route in table, seams still ok at this point. 6bone-gw.6bone.pl is reachable via IPv4.

cheers,
	Christian

<><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><>
Christian Hahn