[6bone] Ghost Route Hunter

Christian Schild schild@uni-muenster.de
Mon, 2 Dec 2002 13:15:47 +0100

Hi Jeroen, all,

Am Sonntag, 1. Dezember 2002 17:34 schrieb Jeroen Massar:
> Also DFN (JOIN) which appears in about 90%+ of all the ghost routes
> should check up their equipment. Another possible important player

we are aware of this fact for quite some time now and it did not pass
us unconcerned. Still, JOIN is one of the largest POPs in 6bone, so the
high value might just be a consequence of this fact. We discussed the
route withdrawal problem with most of our peering partners and we are
quite sure that we do not orginate them.

Anyway, as we are not certain of this, please note that we decided to
exchange the equipment we use (no, it's currently _not_ a software
router :-). This will happen this week.

So please take this message also as an announcement that there will be
an outage of the JOIN POP (involving/including all our leaf sites with
prefix 3ffe:400::/24) on Wednesday, 4th December, hopefully only in the
morning (CET).

So long,
     Christian

--
JOIN - IP Version 6 in the WiN  Christian Schild
                 A DFN project  Westfaelische Wilhelms-Universitaet Muenster