[6bone] proposal for transfer of 6bone address management responsibilities to RIRs

John Fraizer tvo@EnterZone.Net
Thu, 22 Aug 2002 03:02:41 -0400 (EDT)

On Wed, 21 Aug 2002, Gert Doering wrote:

> Hi,
>
> On Tue, Aug 20, 2002 at 09:03:43PM +0200, Nicolas DEFFAYET wrote:
> > 6bone address services must be free.
> > Since 1996 it's free and it's workfine !
>
> It's free because some people donate time and effort for free.  You
> don't have a "Right" to get that for free for ever.  Get real.

I agree whole-heartedly.  I do think that there should be some consolation
to early adoptors though - the same as in v4 land.  Something along the
lines of "if you had space allocated prior to [date] you will not be
required to pay fees for [space allocated prior to date]."

---
John Fraizer              | High-Security Datacenter Services |
EnterZone, Inc            | Dedicated circuits 64k - 155M OC3 |
http://www.enterzone.net/ | Virtual, Dedicated, Colocation    |